Welcome to my website. Here you can find information about a variety of different games that I have played over the years. My website is high on content, low on graphics. Please select the game that interests you from the list below.
Contributions to the website are never necessary, but always welcome.
Quote of the Moment
How all occasions do inform against me,
And spur my dull revenge! What is a man,
If his chief good and market of his time
Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more.
Sure, he that made us with such large discourse,
Looking before and after, gave us not
That capability and god-like reason
To fust in us unused. Now, whether it be
Bestial oblivion, or some craven scruple
Of thinking too precisely on the event,
A thought which, quarter'd, hath but one part wisdom
And ever three parts coward, I do not know
Why yet I live to say 'This thing's to do;'
Sith I have cause and will and strength and means
To do't. Examples gross as earth exhort me:
Witness this army of such mass and charge
Led by a delicate and tender prince,
Whose spirit with divine ambition puff'd
Makes mouths at the invisible event,
Exposing what is mortal and unsure
To all that fortune, death and danger dare,
Even for an egg-shell. Rightly to be great
Is not to stir without great argument,
But greatly to find quarrel in a straw
When honour's at the stake. How stand I then,
That have a father kill'd, a mother stain'd,
Excitements of my reason and my blood,
And let all sleep? while, to my shame, I see
The imminent death of twenty thousand men,
That, for a fantasy and trick of fame,
Go to their graves like beds, fight for a plot
Whereon the numbers cannot try the cause,
Which is not tomb enough and continent
To hide the slain? O, from this time forth,
My thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth!
- William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act IV Scene IV
I think that this is one of the extremely rare points in time where everything on my website is completely up to date. (Now maybe I can sort out the Playlists on my YouTube channel next, heh.) There's a couple new items since the last front page update three weeks ago. First of all, the biggest new feature is a written report on the Thalan Landgrab game from Galactic Civ 3. If you're still wondering whether GC3 is a worthwhile game to purchase, then feel free to check out this writeup about the most overpowered race in the game. It surprised me at just how ridiculous the Thalans can be!
Next up are a series of additions to the FTL portion of the website. I hadn't been doing a very good job of keeping this section up to date, and now everything should be caught up. I did the full writeup for the Engi C ship, which I actually played back in March (!) and had been sitting around unfinished for months. That one was neglected for sure. Then I addded short descriptions with Livestream links for four other ships: the Slug A, the Stealth A, the Rock B, and the Slug C. I apologize for not doing longer writeups; unfortunately, there's a limit to how much time I can spend working on this kind of stuff. I plan to focus the full reports on the last remaining challenge ships like the Slug B and the Stealth C.
Finally, I spent a day tracking down all of my editiorial writings and combining them into a Collected Editiorials page. There's nothing technically new there, although unless you're a very longtime reader of this website, there's probably something you haven't seen previously, which had been buried in one of corners of this website. I think it's an interesting way to track how my writing evolved over time. Some of the Civ3 stuff was originally published well over ten years ago now...
Hello again folks! I spent most of the last week working on a series of website updates instead of Livestreaming. There's a lot of small changes that I've meant to add for some time, so let's run through them in list form:
* First of all, I've added a new AI Survivor Page that links directly from the main Civ4 section. I'd been intending to do this for awhile, and finally got around to putting in the editing work. It was silly having so much Civ4 AI Survivor content buried down at the bottom of the Civ4 Single Player page. Now the information should be a lot more accessible. I've also added a Conclusions page that wraps up Season Two. Lots of stats there about the completed year, so go check it out!
* There's a new Galactic Civ 3 section of the website. The tutorial article that I wrote before going away on vacation now has a home. I'm hoping to do some more games with GC3 to fill out that part of the website further.
* There's a small page collecting all the Livestream recordings for the Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2015 run. It was once again a lot of fun this year, and I also have the links to the YouTube highlights there, for anyone who doesn't want to spend 18 hours watching the whole thing.
* In the random additions to the website category, I finished work on an editorial: Why There Will Never Be Another Master of Orion. It's a subject that's been bouncing around in my head for a while, and I'm pretty happy with the result. It's listed under the Master of Orion section, and this prompted another thought: I need to create an Editorials page for the main page. At the moment, I have editorial writings listed in about six different places on the website. Collecting them all in one spot will be my next project. Always more work to do...
* Finally, all of the various vacation photo videos that I've added to YouTube over the years have been collected here on the website at this spot under the Personal section. I think that covers everything new. Happy reading!