Welcome to my website. Here you can find information about a variety of different games that I have played over the years. My website is high on content, low on graphics. Please select the game that interests you from the list below.
Contributions to the website are never necessary, but always welcome.
Quote of the Moment
How all occasions do inform against me,
And spur my dull revenge! What is a man,
If his chief good and market of his time
Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more.
Sure, he that made us with such large discourse,
Looking before and after, gave us not
That capability and god-like reason
To fust in us unused. Now, whether it be
Bestial oblivion, or some craven scruple
Of thinking too precisely on the event,
A thought which, quarter'd, hath but one part wisdom
And ever three parts coward, I do not know
Why yet I live to say 'This thing's to do;'
Sith I have cause and will and strength and means
To do't. Examples gross as earth exhort me:
Witness this army of such mass and charge
Led by a delicate and tender prince,
Whose spirit with divine ambition puff'd
Makes mouths at the invisible event,
Exposing what is mortal and unsure
To all that fortune, death and danger dare,
Even for an egg-shell. Rightly to be great
Is not to stir without great argument,
But greatly to find quarrel in a straw
When honour's at the stake. How stand I then,
That have a father kill'd, a mother stain'd,
Excitements of my reason and my blood,
And let all sleep? while, to my shame, I see
The imminent death of twenty thousand men,
That, for a fantasy and trick of fame,
Go to their graves like beds, fight for a plot
Whereon the numbers cannot try the cause,
Which is not tomb enough and continent
To hide the slain? O, from this time forth,
My thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth!
- William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act IV Scene IV
Hello again folks! I spent most of the last week working on a series of website updates instead of Livestreaming. There's a lot of small changes that I've meant to add for some time, so let's run through them in list form:
* First of all, I've added a new AI Survivor Page that links directly from the main Civ4 section. I'd been intending to do this for awhile, and finally got around to putting in the editing work. It was silly having so much Civ4 AI Survivor content buried down at the bottom of the Civ4 Single Player page. Now the information should be a lot more accessible. I've also added a Conclusions page that wraps up Season Two. Lots of stats there about the completed year, so go check it out!
* There's a new Galactic Civ 3 section of the website. The tutorial article that I wrote before going away on vacation now has a home. I'm hoping to do some more games with GC3 to fill out that part of the website further.
* There's a small page collecting all the Livestream recordings for the Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2015 run. It was once again a lot of fun this year, and I also have the links to the YouTube highlights there, for anyone who doesn't want to spend 18 hours watching the whole thing.
* In the random additions to the website category, I finished work on an editorial: Why There Will Never Be Another Master of Orion. It's a subject that's been bouncing around in my head for a while, and I'm pretty happy with the result. It's listed under the Master of Orion section, and this prompted another thought: I need to create an Editorials page for the main page. At the moment, I have editorial writings listed in about six different places on the website. Collecting them all in one spot will be my next project. Always more work to do...
* Finally, all of the various vacation photo videos that I've added to YouTube over the years have been collected here on the website at this spot under the Personal section. I think that covers everything new. Happy reading!
Well, what do you know? With some hard work at the last minute, I managed to get the final three parts of the Galactic Civ 3 report finished before leaving on vacation. Check them out now, and I'll see you again in a couple of weeks. Part One | Part Two | Part Three | Part Four
Hello again, folks! Time to provide an update for the front page. First of all, I put together a strategy page for the dungeon crawler + rhythm game Crypt of the NecroDancer. I actually uploaded it about two weeks ago and then forgot to put a notice on the main page - sorry about that! It's stored under the Miscellaneous page, or you can follow the direct link in this post. Something that actually is new today is my first report from Galactic Civ 3; the first part of it, anyway. The game in question hasn't been finished yet, hopefully soon. I'm using this as a Tutorial to explain the gameplay, so if you're on the fence about purchasing GC3, hopefully I can help illustrate how a typical game will play out. I haven't had time to create a GC3 section of the website yet, for now this is the only direct link to the report. Finally, I will be leaving on vacation in a few days and thus will not be writing or Livestreaming for the next two weeks. The viewers have requested that I show some of the vacation photos when I get back - sure, why not? See you again in a couple weeks.
Today's update for the website is a little bit different. Instead of another ship report from Faster Than Light, I've tried my hand at typing up my own version of an FTL Tier List for the different ship designs. Of course, this being something written by me, I think it runs to something like 20,000 words. Brevity is not my strong suit.
There's lots of other recent stuff taking place on the Livestream. The championship match for Civ4 AI Survivor Season Two will be coming up next Saturday, May 30th starting around noon EST. If you haven't caught any of the previous games, this one will be the last chance until next year. (Of course, you can always watch the recordings afterwards.) I've also been playing a lot of the dungeon crawling / rhythm game Crypt of the Necrodancer lately, and I hope to write up a short (heh) page to discuss some of the basic strategy elements at some point. There are no difficulty levels in NecroDancer, and Steam achievements show that only about 6% of the playerbase have actually beaten the game. Very fun game, very tough game. Finally, Galactic Civ 3 has also just released as I write this. I've barely started to explore this massive game, and I'll tentatively state that it looks promising thus far. There's been a real need for another good empire-building game for years now, and I hope this will fill at least part of that void. We'll see if it turns into website content or not. Knowing myself, there's a good chance that it will.
Happy May Day, workers of the world! There are three new articles on the website this week, only one of which was written by me. Under the FTL section, I've completed the writeup for the Mantis C Cruiser. If you enjoy boarding the enemy ships via use of the Teleporter, this is one of the ships for you. Also under the FTL section, we have a report written by System Error for an earlier run done a few months ago. This one was a run designed to unlock the Living Off the Land achievement, done with the Kestrel B on Hard difficulty. This was not a run I intended to write about for the website, so thanks to System Error for providing content that would have been left unreported otherwise. Finally, Axiis has contributed another report for Game Seven of Civ4 AI Survivor, with this one being even longer than the previous writeup. I went ahead and added a few images to the text to illustrate what was a wildly entertaining game. If you missed this on the Livestream, it's well worth reading the report.
Generally this is a website for my personal writings about different games. However, I certainly don't have enough time to write about everything, and if anyone wants to contribute articles for Livestream stuff which would otherwise go forgotten, I'm all for it. Thanks Axiis and System Error! One other reminder: Civ4 AI Survivor still continues, and the playoff are underway. Tune in to the Livestream Saturdays at noon EST to watch the action.